Black Friday at a LFS!

JAG107

Reef enthusiast
Instead of tackling old ladies reaching for that last Wii, I went to a cool reef shop and scored this beauty: ORA Supernatural Monti Cap! It also had a tiny piece of Galaxea hitchhiking on the lower left part of the plug, which I didn't see til I got it home.
11-28-08supernaturalmonticap008.JPG

All their livestock was at least 25% off, and just about everything else was 10-35% off as well. Were anyone else's local shops offering discounts for this weekend?

:frustrat: What???????/

I haven't bought anything for my tank in about 8 or 9 months. Just haven't had the extra money sitting around. In fact, the TV I just bought is the first "leisure" or "luxury" item I've bought all year... Somehow, even though I went back to work full time in August (and got a 25% raise), money has been tighter than ever. Hmmm... :frustrat:

more money= more problems
I wish I could still be working at Disneyland for $8 an hour. Those were simple times...

You used to drive from Corona to Anaheim to work at disneyland? Quite a drive for $8 lol. Or were you raised in the Anaheim area?

I know disneyland has some kind of a internship program. A couple of my friends in college did it. He might have been doing that.

I lived 10 miles from the park when I worked there, plus gas was only $0.90 a gallon then...those were the days

Oh and Corona is only 30 miles from Disneyland, but the traffic is what makes that drive hell.

At least they widened the 22 finally. Still, the Thanksgiving trek from Seal Beach (grandpa's house) to Corona took well over 2 hours on the way home this year. Blehh

That sucks, I'll be making the Los Alamitos to Corona trek for Christmas this year. Should be fun lol.

Did you use to live in Seal Beach when you worked at disneyland?

No, in fullerton. I grew up in Torrance, though, moved to fullerton because it was in between work and UC riverside

Dang 45% OFF. Man my nearest LFS (30 miles away) only had 20% off and that if you used cash, or 15 % with check, or 10% off with credit. I bought some rock a shrimp and a few snails.

The economy is just crappy and I guess saltwater is taking a hit. Atleast where I live anyway. The only two LFS that were in close distance one shut down completely and the other quit selling saltwater. now I got to drive 30 miles to the closest of the two and another 10 miles to get to the second one.

Back