Blue Legged Hermit Crabs

So what do you have to do,add bigger sea shells?How fast do they grow?I put 12 in my 90 gallon tank,should that be plenty?there small ones.

Thank's

it depends on how much you feed them, or how much they are able to scavenge, placing bigger shells will help, but alot of the time, they'll still fight each other for shells

You should put extra shells in the tank for them to grow into. Even if you do, they will still kill snails to take over their shells.

I hate hermit crabs. All they do is kill snails and climb all over my corals. You can put empty shells in the tank but they will still kill snails.

They won't kill them now because they're small give them time. What other kind of snails do you have?

You'll be fine for now. If you decide to add either astrea or Nassarius snails these are the ones that my hermits loved. Most people get nassarrius snails for the sand bed. Do you have anything for the sand bed?

When you think about getting snails check out reeftopia. They give really great prices on volume purchases, about half to one third of the standard going price at other sites. New Page 1 I do not know why this forum puts the URL name down that they do for this site (new page 1), but it will get you to Reeftopia if you click on it (the underlined address in blue).

Last edited:
Back