Boyd Chemiclean Red Slime Cyano Bacteria Remover

Nanna

Reef Freak
I had been fighting a bad case of cyano for about a month. I tried a 4 day blackout, massive water changes and even peroxide with no results. I bought some of the red slime remover as a totally frustrated resort. I was very concerned about using another chemical in my tank, plus side affects can be very bad. This stuff is amazing! After following directions to a T, the cyano was completely gone in 48 hours, not even a trace left in the sand bed. I did not see any stress to corals, fish or cuc. If you have cyano and try this product I hope you have the same amazingly fantastic results I had. Cyano free now for almost 2 weeks! :bounce: Hope I'm not breaking any forum rules posting this, just wanted to share my experience. If I have broken any rules, please just delete my post.

You haven't broken any rules. Chemiclean works very well for many people. It's not a bad product. However, it has crashed some tanks, so results can be hit or miss. There are also stories of cyano building up a resistance to it after repeated uses, so it probably shouldn't be relied upon all the time. I'm glad you had a good experience with it!

I've always found that Cyano comes and goes on its own if you have some patience, I'd rather just try to get the big clumps out to prevent it from smothering anything and run some carbon.
I'm happy it worked for you, just be careful with stuff like that and always remember to have some patience.

Back