Boyu Wave Maker

613ReefGuy

Reefing newb
Hey everyone, I am looking at buying one of these off of eBay, probably a Boyu wave maker 3 and a 4. I have watched some youtube videos on them, and have read some decent reviews. The price is right for what you can do. Problem is...It is 220volt...How do you guys feel about convertors being plugged in and running all the time. I am not going to go cheap on the convertor, and will likely run a fan near it just to keep things cool.

Thoughts anyone?

Can you post a link to it?

Do you know an electrician? The should be able to easily get 220v where you need it. Especially if they are a buddy and you got some beer.

Also, are you talking about those converters that let you use american electric equipment over in europe? If so, I would think that many of them would not be able to handle the load since they are made for travel and for use with shavers or phone chargers. Not pumps and such. I oculd be wrong since I have no experience in them. But definantly look into the power rating of the wave maker and the rating on the converter.

Just looked it up on ebay. It says that it will also run on 100v. It just comes with a 220v plug. I owuld think that it might be like a computer powersupply and have a switch in the back to change it.

I think the problem would be the frequency. It says 50Hz. In the US, we run on a 60Hz not the 50Hz that Europe does. What frequency does Canada run on?

I am fine with running a convertor if required. My main concern here is the price seems fantastic. The reviews seem to be okay for it, so I wouldnt mind giving it a shot. I think I am going to go ahead with it, and ask some of the electricians at my work what the best way to hook it up would be. It will likely be something like that link dartmyth.

bjohanson I am not sure what frequency Canada operates on...I would assume the same as the US.

I will let you know if I have any luck....willing to take the chance for the price.

We have a huge ass converter for the TV and the Amp, because we got those when we were in England, now we are in Canada. They run fine for ages, can get hot though.

Back