Brandon's 10g Tank of Redemption

earman88

Reefing newb
After an intense dino algae bloom, losing all my fish/inverts, and two weeks of rehabilitation, my tank has finally stabilized. I'd like to thank little_fish, FishReef, and Bifferwine for their advice and patience with all my cries for help. Because if this was 20 years ago before the internet I probably would have just tossed my tank in the trash can and given up, lol.

Anyways next week I'll start slowly restocking my tank. Sorry for any crappy pictures for now.. they're all taken from my phone. I hope to have an HD camcorder soon to really get some good documentation.

8/16/2012 - Bottom right of pic exists a small kenya tree. Orange/pink zoa pod in the center (closed), xenia frag front right (I'm hoping will pull through)... there's also some other random polyps like GSP and zoas that you can't see in the pic. There's an assortment of snails/crabs. There's a little sponge growing too. Also found a brittle starfish and some other TINY blue starfish that looks like an asterisk * about 2mm big.

Attachments

• 2012-08-16_17-21-46_951.jpg
    2012-08-16_17-21-46_951.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 541
Also, from that angle my sand bed in the front looks about 2" wide.. in reality it's 4-5". I might remove that middle little rock up front to clear up the bed more.

Your sand bed is that deep? That might be the source of the problems you experienced - DSBs can really wreck havoc when they get disturbed.... you might want to suck some of that out and give yourself more like a 2" sand bed... Otherwise, its looking good and I'm excited to watch your comeback build!

It looks very nice.

Are your rocks resting on the sand or the bottom of the tank? Are they secured in place?

They look really big....which is a good thing normally but if something shifts it could be disastrous.

Keep up the good work!

Ok I figured out my Droid X camera has a 'macro mode.' So here's some better shots of my tank now:

Day 1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Yesterday I noticed a bristleworm and a tiny anemone that moves around. I really hit the motherload with my last live rock addition. That thing was packed with life.

Back