Brandon's 55

Bluespace

Reefing newb
It's been up for 6 days. Thanks to all of you for helping me get this far. I've got lots to learn but I'm enjoying the process. Hopefully one day my tank will look as good as yours do. Hard to imagine they go from just a few rocks and sand to a window into the sea.

Attachments

• DSCN0071.jpg
    DSCN0071.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 340
Its always good to see those shiny new tanks.:D Then in 6 months it'll be covered in that stinkin purple plague that everybody wants.:mrgreen:

More rock is in the plans. Along with powerheads, skimmer, sump/fuge, and whatever else I can spend my money on. Really makes the wife angry but that's kinda fun in it's own right.

You can cut those bubbles out of there, if I'm seeing it right. Looks nice and shinny! Don't sweat the rock right away, I have taken my time choosing the rock I like at the LFS and it's pretty full now, easier on the wallet too.

LOL the stupid power head I bought has a tube to feed air. It wasn't far enough down in the water when I took the picture. All good now

I plan on taking my time with everything I'm doing. I want to find some cool rock but no luck so far. My LFS really are poor in every aspect.

Just pull the tube off -- it's not needed.

The powerhead should be placed near the surface of the water -- high up enough to cause a ripple in the surface.

Just pull the tube off -- it's not needed.

The powerhead should be placed near the surface of the water -- high up enough to cause a ripple in the surface.
The tube has been off but it creates a good cyclone and sucks the air down. It's low enough now to where it won't. It's being replaced in the very near future. Didn't know any better at the time.

Will do. I'm in the process of finding a sump that will fit in my stand. The two support beams are only 10 inches apart. Tough find a tank that will fit that besides a 10 gallon.

Thought I would update on some changes I made.

2 Koralia #3, The Aquaclear I have is suction and I can see a fish getting sucked right in there..:shock:

Hydor Theo Heater 300w. I heard about the recall and the item is on backorder so I'm sure that's the hold up.

Eshopps overflow box PF-800
Eshopps Skimmer PSK-150 (LFS sold these to me both for $125, I couldn't pass up on that deal) He also gave me some lunar LEDS. Not sure what to do with those yet.

Mag Drive Pump 500

DIY 29g sump/fuge. I'm sure I'll have some questions here.:mrgreen:

New stand to accommodate sump and a 90g tank if I decide to upgrade in the future

Thanks to all of you for your help getting me this far. I'll post some updated pictures once I get it all together.

Back