Brian's 75 Gallon

I guess my tang is a night owl? The lights came on the morning and the tang was out and about then slowly made his way back behind the rock. He ate so now I feel a bit better about that. I just wish he wasn't so shy

He'll eventually come out.It'll just take him a few days to settle in.And you'll love the algae blenny.Their a cool lil fish.Mine used to try and clean the "HAIR" algae off my arms:D

haha mine is skiddish but maybe he will try to clean mine too :) that would be fun to watch.

i think i have too much flow in my tank so i am only using one powerhead and am going to trade the other with my cousin to downgrade it. i have a koralia 3 and a 4 and am running the 3 and am going to trade the 4 for a 2. that will still make 26x turnover. ya think thats enough? or too much?

ohhh and i found out my clown was a saddleback:) i had no idea. didnt even know there was a difference:bounce:

while wating for my water to mix for my first water change i was looking at my tang. all this time i have been thinking i have a two spot brisstletooth tang but on liveaquaria they have a blue ring around the eye. mine is yellow but it still has the fine structure of the two spot. any ideas. do two spot brisstletooth tangs come is different colors?

heres pictures of the little guy :)

sorry about the poor quality

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0075.jpg

any ideas?

when do you think a good time is to add my first coral?

the the tank started just under a month ago. the fish have been in there a week. they started a mini cycle after adding(but it was expected) because i added three at one time.

so when would be a safe time that i can get a small frag of a coral? something easy like zoanthid or a mushroom?

I think you could get zoanthids or mushrooms any time after the tank has cycled. You may want to wait a couple months to get more "difficult" corals, but softies should be fine.

oh you wont have to worry about that. haha

i think im gonna be a zoa and mushroom guy. i dont know of any other easy corals
i am just a beginner.
:)

another thing. i posted this back about a week ago... but. i have a koralia 3 and a 4 in my 75 with a 450 gph pump. i have the 4 off right now becuase i was told that i had too much flow and i should downgrade my 4 to a 2. does that sound like a good idea?

or i was thinking.......hmm

what if i hooked timers to my powerheads?...when one turns on the other turns off in 15 min incriments.

I don't think it's too much. The twos are really quite small, and really wouldn't do much in a 75 gallon tank.

You can hook timers to them (basically a wavemaker), but some powerheads won't work if they are turned on and off.

actually i was just reading a thread that the koralias burn up easy being turned on and off a lot.

so i will play with the two powerheads tomorrow and see what the fish do with that mind of flow.

i did a 25 gal water change this morning and noticed i had some slime algae in my refuguim. is that going to matter? the fuge isnt supposed to have a lot of flow so i know why it grew there and nowhere else.. but still

so i went to the lfs yesterday and decided to add something to my tank. i have a few aiptasia so i went for a peppermint shrimp and just to add to the cleanup crew and add something different i got a serpent star too. :)

but then. i put them in the tank and straight for the rocks they went.:shock:
eh i hope they come out later. i know they are still alive. i can see a leg of the serpent and the pep came out last night when the lights went off

Back