Brian's 75 Gallon

The serpent star is nocturnal and you may never see it out of its rock! I have two very large ones, and once they made a home in their rocks, they'd stick their legs out into the water to wave around during feeding time, but that's it. Try feeding it some meaty foods once in a while, it's super cool to watch their legs grab the food out of your feeding tongs.

The peppermint shrimp are also nocturnal, but you can usually find them at night with a flashlight. They tend to stick together, so where you find one, the others will usually be close by.

Ya good luck on the peppermints I add two to my 48 and havent seen them since I think they died.

I fed earlier and the serpent stuck his/her arm out to catch some shrimp :). That's was cool. And the pep is still active. He was sticking his head out of a hole. So I'm pretty happy on how they are still sort of being seen dieting the day.

Oh and one of the aiptasia is gone:). So that's awesome!

soo...its been a long time...

i just fed so some corals are closed up a bit

i thought i would make some photos and share.

(even if they are crappy)

my tank has made some progress..but its always getting better.

photo-13.jpg

^full tank shot
photo-4.jpg

^side shot
photo-12.jpg

^green birds nest, oregon tort(small frag) on left
photo-15.jpg

^scripps acro
photo-14.jpg

^multi colored acans
photo-9.jpg

^yellow with blue polyp monti
photo-11.jpg

^gsp,mushrooms, and shrimp
photo-10.jpg

^favia i think

Hahaha. Cdaubs. I never even noticed. Bit it's the rare invisible red eyed dragon goby :mrgreen:

thank you all for your kind comments:) I couldn't have done it without you

so i decided to try another diamond goby. :)

this time im gonna use lids and just watch my temp. hes on the small side or i would use the egg crate i have.

i fed right after i put him in and he ate right away :) and then went right to work digging a massive hole in no time.

heres the little guy acclimating
photo-16.jpg

and heres themassivehole he has already dug
photo-17.jpg

haha well the picture is of it acclimating because my lights are off already... so its really crappy.

so we will have to wait til tomorrow to get one with its polyps open.

sorry for the horrendous quality

but here is a picture of it, maybe tomorrow i can get a better one when the lights are on.

IMAG0003.jpg

haha thanks smitty only if dcan would prove that he had a zero edge in his bomb shelter:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen:

Back