Broken Cadlight/Poor packaging - 2009

Biff

Reefing newb
I was all excited about my 39g Signature being delivered today. When I opened the box, which was only labeled "GLASS." on only two sides (not "This Side Up" or anything on all four sides), I was greeted with the sight of shards of glass, much like the ones I'd seen people post online from their CAD shipments.

I saw the box come out of the UPS truck on it's side, not bottom. But with only two sides of the box labeled and no arrows to indicate top or bottom, I really can't blame the delivery service as much as I can Cadlight for their spare use of syntax and symbols for package labeling.

The joy was in getting pieces of glass in my hands as I tried to remove poorly bundled equipment stuffed inside so I could provide Cadlight with pictures of the state of the shipment's contents. I had to do this twice because Sales couldn't open the pictures I'd emailed (possibly a MAC/PC issue).

I wish I could include a picture here just of the outside of the box because it's such a joke - "GLASS."

Yeah, lot's of broken glass.

I've got a box of broken glass sitting in my yard now (with sprinklers and dogs - because why should I drag a box of broken glass into the house), waiting while Cadlight and UPS do their dance.

If I sound harsh on Cadlight, it's because for as much as their products cost (including replacement ones), they are lame on their shipping procedures.

well that sucks. Hope they get it figured out and a replacement sent to you right away. Keep us informed as to how long this takes.

I just went on their site thats a very cool looking tank that you purchased. Dam shame they are such cheap asses that they couldnt package it correctly. For that kinda of money they should have been able to wrap it bubble wrap and fill it with foam peanuts. Not to mention that they could have had more warnings on the box. Have you heard anything from them about this yet?

Back