Bryan's 55

I have changed about half my water now...I will look around for a copper test. My corals still are not looking very good, most of them are only half open at the most. My mushrooms on the other hand still look good, they are fully opened. Hopefully with it only being on the tank for such a short amount of time, and with water changes I haven't done to much damage. Guess I will just have to wait and see what happens.

Forgot to add a pic of my newest addition. Got this little guy a couple of weeks ago, he seems to really like his new home. He is always swimming all over the place picking at the rocks. Please ignore the dirty glass.
DSCN2757.jpg

DSCN2758.jpg

The tank seems to be doing better now that I have done so many water changes coral are opening up fully again (except for frogspawn). Usually how long does it take for copper to kill coral and inverts?

I still have not gotten a copper test yet, hoping to get one Thursday when I get paid.

I hope your tank pulls thru. I think you might have lucked out being that it wasn't running too long with it on. I would have to say if it was a toxic amount then your corals wouldn't open up at all but seems like they were just shocked a little. I hope everything bounces back for you.:sfish:

Love that Flame. Heads up, they are super sensitive to copper, so if he's doing ok, you're copper level is probably ok.

Yea I love the flame I have wanted one for a long time, just was always hesitant because they sometimes nip at corals. Petco had it on sale for $15 and I just couldn't pass on that so I took the chance. So far so good he hasn't nipped any coral, I have been keeping him fed really well too.

Yea I love the flame I have wanted one for a long time, just was always hesitant because they sometimes nip at corals. Petco had it on sale for $15 and I just couldn't pass on that so I took the chance. So far so good he hasn't nipped any coral, I have been keeping him fed really well too.

Yeah I have the same caution on my saddle Puffer "Reef With Caution" but its a chance im glad I'm taking. I've always loved puffer I usto have a huge puffer tank in the past with a great turn out.:Cheers:

Back