Bubble Wands

FNG44601

Reefing newb
Just curious what everyone's opinions are about using a bubble wand.?! I don't think i care for this too much- and it just seems to provide an escape route. Chime in please

Biff- reminds me of those tanks at the rainforest café in the mgm grand that had those stupid streams of bubbles coming from the sand bed

just a dumb question. what the he!! is a bubble wand? sounds like something a client of mine used once, but that is not OK for a fish tank

-Doc

huh, that looks like rubber tubing. guess it is supposed to be like an airstone or something like that

-Doc

dont feel bad asking doc. i had to google it when i saw the thread. i think its basically like the ol treasure chest with bubbles coming out if it effect. either way its a big hunk of usless :pooh: for saltwater tanks

Well, it's not a bubble wand, but here are some pics of worthless :pooh: in my wifes 20g high, freshwater tank.

Ahhhhh, the bubbling skeleton:
PIC_0003_764038.JPG

Let's not forget the bubbling treasure chest:
PIC_0002_999969.JPG

:roll:

She's got plastic corals in there, a castle and suspended bridge, fake plastic plants, and a bunch of other worthless :pooh:. But the worst thing is those 2 monsterous goldfish. Good gawd! What a waste of 20g of clean water!! I keep telling her to flush them of trade them for something tropical, but she won't have it. One of them lost it's color, so it's just white now. I named them One Fish and Two Fish. My 6yr old daughter calls them Goldie and Diamond. :roll:

I just hang onto the hope that someday, she will wise up and realize how rediculous it looks. Maybe then she will get some real plants, fish and tank decorations. It's colorful, but it couldn't be anymore cheesey unless she floated a 2lb brick of cheddar on the surface.

Until then, all I can do is keep my reef looking spiffy and thank her when she compliments how beautiful it looks. I then point out to her that it's all natural. No fake plants or castles in my reef.

Last edited:
I gotta say...

...one of my guilty pleasures is ultra-cheesy freshwater tanks...bubbling skulls and all.

There's just something comforting about it :D

I guess they might be fun to own...if you've never had a reef tank before. I can't see myself ever taking pride in showing off a freshwater tank like that after having my saltwater tank for so long.

Back