Bubble Wands

I can see myself doing a planted aquarium.Freshwater with castles,sunken ships and fake plants is a no go.Lets not forget the awful overly colorful gravel,sorry to the freshwater lovers but it makes me wanna puke when I see rainbow gravel or marbles in tanks.

I just about upchuck my last meal everytime I look at my wifes silly FW with the blue painted gravel and marbles. Maybe some day she will come around. I think the worse part is those stupid, overgrown, dirty goldfish. They would make good bait for lake trout or walleyes. That's about the only good thing I can think of for them. A 20g tank with such potential for nice tropical fishies, and it's got friggin' GOLDFISH in it. :roll:

The best thing about her tank right now, is that powerhead I put on one of the lift tubes to boost the undergravel filter--and the Penguin 100 HOB filter with bio-wheel. It might be cheesey, but it's clean. :mrgreen:

Anybody ever thought of doing a natural sea grass tank?
That would be cool for the folks that really like planted systems.

Oooh! And you could keep a manatee in it too!

bfh_manatee.jpg

freshwater is just as much work, if not more, and just doesn't carry the pretty fish selection. I did them for 6 years and I am forever done

-Doc

Really? I feel like my FW angel tank is (surfin):surfing: compared to my reef. But I have to admit I love my lil mini reef:luxlove:

ya, once you go salt you never look at another freshwater. i'm with reef though. if I ever did another freshwater tank, it would be planted. they are pretty cool and challenging.

My FW has 5 big silverdollars in it. Along with one big algae eater. That tank needs very little care. That's why I wanted to do a salt tank.

Back