Calcium in ATO

Okay lets say I bring my calcium level to the point I want and use kalkwasser to maintain it. But what I need to do when I do water changes? This will remove some of the calcium right? So then I have to use calcium chloride again to bring it to desired level?

Okay lets say I bring my calcium level to the point I want and use kalkwasser to maintain it. But what I need to do when I do water changes? This will remove some of the calcium right? So then I have to use calcium chloride again to bring it to desired level?

No, because the amount you are taking out should be replenished by your salt mix in the new water you are adding back in.

Depending on your needs and what you want it to do, compare it with the plus unit. The difference is four more controllable sockets. I didnt need 8 outlets because my lights are on a built in timer. So four was perfect for me and if I want to add more outlets later I can. If you think you will need 8 it is cheaper to buy it that way up front.

My four outlets are 1 heater comes on at 78.5 turns off at 78.7 2 I have a added surge protector so I can have the aqualifter pump on that one ( if you use outlet 2 or 3 for such a small draw pump you need to add a surge protector costs 8 bucks at home depot) 3 fuge light (use to be on a cheapy timer from home depot) 4 small fan that comes on at 79.5, blows air across the surface of the display. If I had another 4 some ideas would be power heads for alternating currents in tank (wave maker) or protein skimmer and powerheads so could turn off certain flow for feeding times with a simple one button push and would come back on auto at a set interval. or Display lights..or calcium reactor, again would work in conjunction with the ph probe, the list goes on and on...youtube is full of ideas and displays of how people use theirs. Anything with power in your tank can be controlled by it.

I have a Finnex Deluxe Titanium Heater and Temperature Controller Deluxe Titanium Heater and Temperature Controller
so I do not need to use outlet. Also my skimmer is on all the time. And 2 power heads I have in my tank are plugged to a DIY made extension cord with ON/OFF switch which is custom mounted into the tank stand. Something like that: 15' Extension Power Cord w/ ON/OFF Foot Press Switch - Green Cord - 3 Outlet Cube Tap - String Lights Accessories - Oogalights.com - More Than 1,000 Party & String Light Bulbs!
I turn them off when I feed the fishes.

I would still plug the heater controller into the outlet and set the outlet to turn off the tank gets above a certain temp. It's insurance in case your heater gets stuck on.

Plug your powerheads in too. And your skimmer. Set those outlets to turn off when you feed, along with your system pump. One or two buttons to press, and all that stuff turns off, then turns back on again automatically in 15 minutes.

Back