calcium reactor

cfortin

Reefing newb
I am new to adding a calc reactor. I recently bought a Deltec pf500 for my 100g. I picked it up cheap(used), which is why I didnt get the 4th generation. Anyways getting a hold of Deltec is not so easy, and the instructions are complicated to me. I would love to know if anyone knows how to reguate the water inlate and how much should I start out with as far as my co2 bubble count and outtake to the sump. Any advise would be awesome. Thank You.
Chad

thanks for the info, i appreciate it. Ill look over today and let you know. I do have an aquacontroller II, however its running in my tank, should I get a second controller for the calcium reactor, or make due with one?
Chad

If your using a solenoid with your co2 bottle, you should use a controller.

From the article I linked to.......
"...connect the solenoid valve to a pH controller and place the pH probe into the calcium reactor. The valve then switches the CO[SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE] on and off to maintain a target pH within the reactor. I use a similar method. The pH probe is placed in the tank, and switches off the CO[SIZE=-1]2[/SIZE] flow to the calcium reactor only when the pH in the tank has dropped too low (e.g. pH 7.8 or lower)."

thanks, I saw that, r u using a calcium reactor, if so what pump are you using for feeding it water due you have two controllers for ph

hey why does deltec tell me to run 45 dkh and every where else says about 8.4 that is a huge difference. You know?
thank u, chad

Not sure about the 45 dKH, but.......
From the link I posted..... (I'm posting these for YOU to read)
"For a given flow, the effluent alkalinity can be increased by increasing the amount of CO2 added thus lowering the effluent's PH. The limit will be achieved when the PH has reached it's minimum (about 6.3 to 6.5). The maximum alkalinity achievable seems to have a limit of about 34 to 35 dKH."

No offense cfortin, but you already bought a reactor, yet you seem to know very little about them. Why are you going to run it in the 1st place? Do you have such a high calcium demand system that nothing else can maintain the necessary levels? Running a ca reactor improperly can easily wipe out a tank.

Last edited:
Back