Calling Mikgyver...

Hey, if anyone else comes across anything like this will you give me a hollar? I've still got that 4 gallon on my desk running, nothing living in it, just a pain in the butt to top off and keep going for nothing for the last how long... I asked the guy at the LFS if he could get a mantis and he said he used to, but not any more... Maybe in Madison they will have one when I head down there over Christmas break.

12 should be fine I imagine. 4 does seem REALLY small. they don't really move from their spot unless its feeding time so they don't need a ton fo room..... but tearing crabs and such apart could lead to more of a bio load and 4 gallons will also be a little small for the poor little guy.

Here it is...

Should I pick it up? He said it is 3" long and a voracious crab and snail killer...

dscf1217ro8.jpg

I wish Jefferson Davis had that much color.
I 2nd Biff.Their awesome to watch as long as their not in your reef.

Yeah good point with the bio load in the 4g... no skimmer, just a HOB filter. I dunno i thought the little tank was cool, but cant find anything that would work out in a 4-5 gallon really...

Hey Mike, I checked out a new LFS today in orange and they had 5 mantis shrimp anywhere from 3 to 7 inches long... Jeff's Exotic fish on North Tustin and Collins...714 771 2073

Back