Can I have Zoanthids?

Zoanthids don't really eat that much out of the water column, their primary source of nutrients is sunlight. Same goes for palythoas and mushrooms. Some food can help, but a lot of the species (Esp zoas) have very specific "tastes", so the chances of them finding something just because you're not skimming is small. One of my zoas shows no feeding response whatsoever to anything but oyster eggs. If you find something they like, spot feeding will definitely help.

Most zoas should be higher up in your tank to get the light.

Fold a paper towel up to the size of the injection chamber, place it over the chamber and Viola! silence......

Ok, sorry to ask another question, but this is my first skimmer and I actually won it in a raffle. The company is fairly new and so the system came with no directions at all. Which part is the injection chamber? The pic is the skimmer that I have...

Skimmer.jpg

I had a remora c, I replaced it with areef octopus. Mine never really pulle dandthing more than tea colored water, at best. I also had to constantly adjust the O ring height. That skimmer needs to break in, so let it run, and turn the drain thing upwards or cap it. Mine used to run wild after water changes, it would go crazy and pull like pure water for a day no matter what I did. It did work though, dont get me wrong.

Ok, sorry to ask another question, but this is my first skimmer and I actually won it in a raffle. The company is fairly new and so the system came with no directions at all. Which part is the injection chamber? The pic is the skimmer that I have...

Skimmer.jpg

LBFish: I'm with you....what the heck is the injection chamber?

LB,That is a venturi style skimmer,so there is no injection chamber.
It pulls air in that white tube that runs down to the pump.Then the air mixes with the water inside the pump,producing the micro bubbles which react with the waste in the water.

Back