Candy Cane Coral

squibley2

Reefing newb
My Candy Cane Coral did something funny tonight I seemed to lose its tentacles all of a sudden for no apparent (to me anyway) reason. At Johns request I took some pics (look below) and wrote a couple notes and started this thread. Hope someone has seen this or knows what is going on. Thanks

DSCF0084_486079.JPG

DSCF0085_330169.JPG

DSCF0086_155873.JPG

DSCF0087_267136.JPG

DSCF0088_305896.JPG

DSCF0089_81591.JPG

Caulastrea spp.
Torch corals (trumpet corals, candy cane corals)

-indo pacific
-prefer moderate lighting
-zooxanthellate. Need to be fed, but are avid and voracious feeders. Will eat small drill, brine shrimp, diced fish.
-These corals are generally hardy but aggressive, with stinging sweeper tentacles extending up to 2 in. long.
-In nature, these corals are often from deeper or turbid regions and may not do well if overly illuminated. If placed in a sheltered area with moderate lighting they tend to do well. These corals seem to benefit from moderate, but not excessive flushing current. If fed well they will grow rapidly. Larger colonies can be easily fragmented for captive propagation. During feeding the water motion in the tank should be arrested (shut down) so that the food is allowed to drop onto the discs. the corals will then eagerly feed. after an hour or so turn the water currents back on.

Maybe you get some live brine or brake up a cube of what ever frozen food your
over the coral.Also you might want to start using some live pyto-plankton if cant get something like DT's locally you might try this stuff(reefchilli) I have had good results with it.http://www.reefchili.com/

Back