Candy Coral problem

lumpy

Reefing newb
I'm noticing some dieback on my Acid Green Candy Coral. I've heard that these corals cant take a strong flow so I've moved it to another area. The origianl spot was low flow but hopefully this is even less. I've also moved it closer to my lights. Any other suggestion to try and make the little guy happy?

I've been dosing the tank with plankton about every other day.

Need to do a recent check (last check was 3 days ago) but everytime I've checked my water params have been AM 0 NA 0 NI 0 PH 8.2 and hardness between 0.25-0.27 with a calcium level around 420.

I havent seen any animals picking at it though I wouldnt expect them to pick at the base. I would think they would attack the fleshy tops of the things. But then I havent really got that much experience :).

I have no idea what their feeding tenticles look like to be honest but I think it's failry safe to say that I havent seen them. Especially if they resemble anything like the tenticals on Favia.

Yep, you would probably notice the feeding tentacles. :)

candys_feeding.jpg

Some extend them, some don't. What kind of lighting do you have? They tend to prefer low to moderate light.

75 gallon tank. 6 T5s running. 3 Actinic, 3 white.

The original spot was about halfway down the tank. I now have them about 1/4 to 1/3 down the tank but sounds like I should be moving them to the bottom. Or perhaps under a rock?

I wouldn't put them under a rock, but I would put them near the bottom for now. You say that they seem to be dying from the bottom up? Can you post a picture?

I'll try too when I get home. Essentially the green polyp part is rising up in one area leaving behind the white bone section. But it isnt doing it all the way around like I would expect of somethign growing and leaving behind new coral. Its only happening on the top of the one polyp.

Back