cant find a light

beccajean

Reefing newb
ok our little eclispe 12 came with a cmpact 50/50 light its a 6 inch 13w bulb with a square end.............anyone know a good site to find one at??

They might sell them at petco, I have the that tank the saltwater version and I just completely re-did it. They I took it down for my bigger one.

we tried petco, petsmart, a world of fish, something fishy, forest lake pets, premier pets, and looked online in numerous places lol.........NO LUCK i mean we have a regular flourescent light in it now and we plan on upgrading to a rather large tank in the next month or so but im really concerned that my corals wont stay healthy and same for my fish at that......our damsels arent the normal bright blue and our clown has faded colors.......we are getting an infestation of nasty grren algea stuff all over thruthe sand on the bottom of the tank..........i cant even find a coralife bulb for this stupid thing! its just ridiculous i wouldnt suggest anyone startingto ever buy an eclipse 12!

Weird I think my petco sells the bulbs for it.

If your fish are loosing color it's probably to do with feeding or the water quality.

What corals do you have? I don't think that lights really enough for anything...

petco and the stores around here cant even order a 05/50 light like we need....its got the pins and the square end its not just aregular compact one.........and all the websites dont have pictures so im hesitant to just buy everything i think is right becasue most stores have a no return policy with lighting

we've been testing the water everyday to make sure the quality is good...its been stead levels and nothing has signifigantly changed.......we also just did a water change last night......... we have some zoanthids, a very large cabbage coral a brain and some mushrooms and a sponge........even when we had the 50/50 light in there before the fish would be lighter for the first ten minutes of the light being on.........but now they just stay lighter in color..and as for food.......we use micro-vert liquid food for invertebrates, the tetramarine saltwater flakes, we also alternate every other week with shrimp and krill for the anemone...obviously the fish and corals eat some of that too

you have an anenome? Just to let you know it's going to die, mine did and I had T5s over the tank. Your tank is not mature and your light isn't even close. Switch to Frozen Food, Rod's food is the best, that should help bring your fish color back

ive had the tank for a lot longer than my thing says lol i need to update stuff the tank is over 6 months old.......and honestly the anemoe is doing awesome! the krill and shrimp are frozen.......actually she shrimp is whole peeled and we dethaw it in water but its still cold kinda.............and if the anemone dies o well....it could be worse lol i got him for 7.99 cuz he was kinda just a lets try him out type of thing and its not anything ive done wrong and i know that...my bf has a few years of saltwater experience...i just like asking for help on here and learning what otherpeoples takes are things...only way to learn right?

If the anemone is dying or sick, it could be the cause of your problems. A 12 gallon tank is too small for an anemone and when they get sick or die, they will usually kill everything else in the tank too.

Back