Cant Find Mandy the Mandarin !!!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
So yesterday i looked at my mandarin and it wasnt looking to good for some reason, it looked a little thin. I have had him for about 5 months and hes ben fine and now i cant find it. Im not sure if it died or what but im so disapointed, i have my refugium full of pods and i know some make it to the DT couse i can see them really early in the morning when the light first come on. there on the glass. I hope it did not starve to death. i try to add pods atleast ones every month and a half to the DT just in case. But well IDK. Maybe i just have to many fish that can eat the pods.

Thinking the firefish, Scotter Blenny, SixLine, and maybe even Sandsifting goby since she would get the ones of the sand.

Well if i dont find it soon, i guess i will have to shell out the cash and just get one that eats frozen.

Hopefully she is just hiding :(

I know the scooter will eat just as much as the mandarin because it is basically a non-colorful dragonette.

They can be really sensitive to nitrates as well, have you tested lately?

The scooter and mandarin are competing for the same food source...If it where me I would re home one, if the mandarin is still alive.

Yeah all my parameters are great everything right where it should be. and my nitrates are actually down more now than before im at like 3 or 2 ppm, barely any change in the test color.

I really hope shes just hidding.

As far as rehoming one i tought my tank would be fine for both since its 125 gl. And trust me my fuge is super full of pods.

Heres a Quick Paint On how my sump Fuge is set up.

SumpSetUp_zps0aeddd44.png

I even reemove the sponge i have in the baffel between return and fuge every other day to make sure more pods make it thru. But i have rubble rock on that section right befor my tubes that connect the fuge to return and that section also has plenty of pods.

Mandy was found dead this morning. :( my wife is going to be super sad. Im going to invest and get her one that eats frozen soon. Bummer do.

Awww sorry to hear....such a beautiful fish, too. Definitely one of my faves. But with my 6-line and diamond goby, I know they would totally out-compete a mandarin in my tank.

Yeah it sucks, they are so beautiful. I think im going to add a couple bottles of pods to the tank and then give it a month or 2 before i get another one, but this time i will get one that also eats frozen.

Back