capture methods

defcon235

Reefing newb
hey all, against my better judgement i bought a flashback dottyback for my girlfriend from the lfs, and put him in the reef tank (stupid, stupid...):frustrat: anyway, he hates on my cleaner shrimp and i want to put him in the FOWLR tank. Does anyone have any sneaky tricks to catch a fish short of ripping the tank apart? im guessing its an inevitability, but its worth asking anyway...

get a small fish hook (get a barbless hook) and try fishing sorry yote had to steal that from you. or you could set a net in the water and put some food in the tank and try to catch it

turn the lights off for about three to four hours and make the tank completely dark, cover it with towels if you need to, to prevent any light at all from getting in there, once the three to four hours is up flip on your lights and catch him while he is stunned

both are good ideas, i tried the net in the water with food, but as soon as the net moves even the slightest bit, he darts behind the reef...i think im gonna try fishing:mrgreen: if that doesnt work ill try turning off the lights and getting him while he sleeps...

get a small fish hook (get a barbless hook) and try fishing sorry yote had to steal that from you. or you could set a net in the water and put some food in the tank and try to catch it

Its cool James.I've used that method several times with great success.

I use plexi glass. I put few pieces in the tank to confuse the fish and when they cant go where they want to, i catch them. Usually works best by cornering one with a piece and then just netting the fish out.

Back