Catalina Aquarium

Hiker4twenty

Reef enthusiast
Catalina Aquarium

I just placed an order for a 36" T5HO fixture 6x39w. The customer service of this place is 2nd to none. Speak to Jim if you ever call. He really took his time in helping me out and explaining everything in great detail for me. He builds the lights for each new order and will customize whatever way you like as long as he's capable of doing it. So far I'm giving this company great reviews just based on customer service and knowledge alone. My lights will be here in approx 2 weeks due to build time (2-3days) and shipping w/ the holiday approaching. I'll post another follow-up review once I receive the package.

Well I finally got my lights in this morning and I'm very pleased. :bounce:The lights are built very well and exactly the way I ordered them. The packaging was great. The lights were set in styrofoam and bubble wrap so they were protected well. I was told the fixture would come with 6 led moonlights and it came with 8. They are controlled by a dimmer switch which is nice because they're really bright. I'd definitely order from again and would recommend to all. :Cheers:

My retro t5 fixture has worked out really well and their customer service is good.
I will say this though... they have no clue how to ship bulbs. Other than that, I'd buy from them again.

My retro t5 fixture has worked out really well and their customer service is good.
I will say this though... they have no clue how to ship bulbs. Other than that, I'd buy from them again.

That sucks they don't know how to ship bulbs. I was just going to order some because I don't like the look of the actincs that came with it. I have (2) 420nm bulbs (purple) and (1) 460nm bulb (blue). I'd like to get more a blue look to my tank.

reefgeek is great for bulbs. Get ATI, UVL or Geismann.
ATI Blue Plus are my favorite blue bulbs and they have really good par.

The CA bulbs are crap to begin with.
And then almost all bulbs shipped with my fixture arrived broke. Then half the replacements arrived broken.

reefgeek is great for bulbs. Get ATI, UVL or Geismann.
ATI Blue Plus are my favorite blue bulbs and they have really good par.

The CA bulbs are crap to begin with.
And then almost all bulbs shipped with my fixture arrived broke. Then half the replacements arrived broken.

Well, I took your advise and just spoke w/ Greg at Reefgeek. He set me up with a bulb replacement package. I told him I wated a more blue look to my tank, but wanted the best lighting combination for a healthy tank as well. He set me up with

1 - fiji purple
1 - 6500k daylight
3 - blue plus
1 - 10,000k daylight

well i just sent an e-mail to them since one ballast just blew the f#$%^ up this morning. i am glad i was not sleeping. now my house smells like burnt wire and ballast crap.it is not their fault it is just a crappy ballast i am hoping there is a warrenty so that they will send me a new ballast since the light is only a little over a year old

Sorry about your light James. Hopefully they will send you a new one at no cost. If they can get out of it some how I'm sure they will. :(

I've been telling everybody and their brother about Catalina Aquarium for a little over 2yrs now. I'm sure some of the older members are tired of hearing me push Catalina lights by now. :mrgreen: Can't help it. I'm just so happy with the product I would feel bad if somebody asked a question about good lights at a reasonable price and I didn't speak up. I pay for everything I get from them. They don't give me anything and I'm not being paid to push their product. I'm just a happy customer.

I bought my first (6) bulb T5 fixture with moonlights and remote control in July 2007. Then I bought a 4 bulb PC fixture for a frag tank and another 2 bulb PC fixture for a 5g tank. I love all those fixtures. I just clean them occasionally and replace the bulbs once or twice a year.

well jim told me to contact the fulham company and talk to them about the ballast since they have a 5 year warrenty. so i will prob just buy one then send the bad one in so that i have a replacement for if it ever has one again.and he said that if i have any trouble to contact him again and he will try and help me out more

yep they just dont want to loose their money on a ballast i think. so i will do the foot work to get it fixed. but i have concerns about ordering from them again. look at big companies they would have had it sent out overnight to fix the problem

Back