CC Starfish

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanLover

Reefing newb
My chocolate chip starfish is dying, and I'm trying to figure out what the cause of this could have been. I've checked all of my ''levels'' and everything was fine.. The only thing I didn't test was my copper level , so I'm going to check that. But, another thing that happened is : A few weeks ago, my tank filter stopped working, I took it to my local pet store the next day, and got a new one. The tank was only without a filter for 2 days, and none of my fish had died, but do you think that not having the filter would have started to slowly kill my starfish leading him to his death about 2 weeks later?

ALSO: how long does it take for a starfish to completely die? He has one arm that the tentacles are still moving, but the rest of him is completely broken and mangled.

EDIT: I don't remember exactly what the levels were, but I have little booklet that has what the levels should be at, and everything was good according to that.

Last edited:
What do you consider "fine" for your levels?

We need specifics since nitrates of 10-20 are fine for fish but not fine for starfish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back