Chalice ID Wade help me out...

Bought this lil thing for a 20. Looks better in person and has some awsome colors. Any ideas?

noIDchalice.jpg

Got it from a local reefer that clearly was having tank issues. I googled both those chalices and I'd say no. I'd say if u split the colors in a pie. Orange would be considerd the base

Ive seen it somewhere before wether be sexy corals or cherry corals dr. Mac's site idk but I've seen it somewhere...jus cant put my finger on it. It's been poorly taken care of and hoping I can grow her out to get a better picture. Maybe I'll give her my own name ha.

I've tried a few chalice corals and even in the shade on my sand they get fried by my LED's - its either that or something in the water as I have had little success with some SPS frags I've tried as well. It's too bad, because there are some sick looking chalice corals out there

Anyway, back on topic

How about 'Dana's Uber Awesome Chalice?'

I've tried a few chalice corals and even in the shade on my sand they get fried by my LED's - its either that or something in the water as I have had little success with some SPS frags I've tried as well. It's too bad, because there are some sick looking chalice corals out there

Anyway, back on topic

How about 'Dana's Uber Awesome Chalice?'

Id say its all of the above. Chalices are one of the pickiest corals IMO. I was in the same boat as up until about 2 months ago.

No on the orange sherburt.

If it ends up surviving and growing out i may just name it myself :mrgreen:

Orange Sherbert.......no! BOX Flamethrower, I'd say not. It looks too small to be showing that many colors to be a Widowmaker, but it could be.

Back