Cheap RODI

jswinberlin

Reefing newb
Can something like this really work for weekly 5 gallon water changes and topping off my 45 gallon tank or am I just cheaping out?
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Aquarium-Pharmaceuticals-175-Filtration-Aquariums/dp/B000255NJ6[/ame]

I'm tired of trekking 5 - 10 gallons back from the store every week. But, I'm not sure I want to tackle a few hundred bucks and hassling with the plumbing of something more permanent.

Thanks!

Personally I wouldn't use that. The water from the LFS is going to be much better (I hope) that what you will get from that filter. I bought this :

MAXPURE MPDI SYSTEM

And have been VERY happy. I was a little worried about the fact that it was a refurb, but it looks brand new. They told me that a refurb title could be from something as small as a returned unit due to the pressure guage not working and needing replacing. So they replace the guage and sell as a refurb. This unit is about the best you are going to find for the price.

Good Luck, hope that helps.

I actually tried using the API tap water filter. Two disadvantages - the filter needs replacing every 20-50 gallons (only 25-30 for me) at a cost of $20 per filter. Also, it did measure about 20ppm TDS, while the RODI is 0ppm.

I found the RODI unit below for a really good price, and it has been easy to use. No problems so far. I figure as long as it measures 0ppm it works right? I think it's easiest to attach to your kitchen faucet, to do that you would choose the following for the adapter (included): Option D: Two way switch water adapter

Portable Drinking 100GPD Reverse Osmosis RO System | eBay

Back