Chemi-Clean

NewbReefer

Reefing newb
ok so i've dosed Chemi-Clean twice now and have done 20% water changes after each dose and waited the 24hours after dosing to turn on the skimmer and while i wasn't running a skimmer i waws hooking up my new Aqua C skimmer and i just turned it on and it's foaming like crazy so i know this is normal with any skimmer after running Chemi-Clean but i've done the 20% water changes so will it stop foaming on it's own or should i do another water change?

BTW Chemi-Clean...Great product! No more Cyano :bounce: and no inverts or fish hurt in the process.

Perhaps the decaying cyano and other stuff is too much for the skimmer. Question is: are your water parms okay? If not do another water change out.

Hey man, What exactly is Cyano? is it hair algea?

Cyano is a red bacteria that will grow over almost anything and looks and feals like some sort of algea.

Perhaps the decaying cyano and other stuff is too much for the skimmer. Question is: are your water parms okay? If not do another water change out.

nitrate around 5 when i tested last week, i've been fighting phosphates for a bit now but this is pure white foam. it would fill the cup in about 30 secs with water.

yeah i've got it set as low as can and it still foams up into the tank, im gonna run it while im getting water mixed and see if it's just pulling out whats left of the Chemi-Clean.

Oh yeah! Well what about my 300 gallon system?!?! Sorry just had to one-up you guys...

Your skimmer will be out of commission for a few days to a couple weeks. Keep up with water changes in the mean time.

I usually do one decent water change, then set my skimmer real dry, I let it skim out the chemi clean, it pull alot even set to dry, but it is better than alot of water changes, or just let the tank run for a few days without skimming.

Thanks ironman, thats kinda what I've been doing. When im home and can watch the skimmer i let it run and the cup has a drain that drains into a 5g bucket so i don't have to empty the cup every 2 minutes.

Back