chocolate chip

+1 I tried it anyway. He was good for 6 months then went after my corals.

Stars that are reef safe and easier to care for. Serpent stars and brittle stars.

If you get a brittle dont' get a green one as they are known fish eater onther do good though.

Linkas need a large tank because their diet is unknown and usually starve. Sand sifting stars eat microfauna from the sand bed and will also starve if not in a large enough tank and deep enough sand bed.

well the kids will be pissed.they wanted one.what is a nice star that wont eat corals?

Like Bobby said, serpent or brittle.

Do you have a fuge? If so, you can also get mini-brittle stars, put them in the fuge and the kids can play with them. Woo hoo! I have tons of asterina and mini brittle stars in my fuge. But no kids to play with them :( I'm sure that makes them sad...

I got this one (Fromia - aka Marble Sea Star) because they are reef safe. But after I got it I found out they don't do well in captivity. No one really knows what they eat other than film off the glass/rocks. I've had this guy for a little over a week now and he hasn't moved from that 6" square section of my tank. Avg life span in our tanks seem to be several weeks to several months. We'll see...

447244849_vPmFN-L.jpg

Back