Choice of sponsor???

neuroslicer

Reefing newb
In the list of sponsors/Google ads to the right of the Living Reefs home page, I see a listing for EcoAqualizer (HOME). I think our moderator (if he has any control over the ads) should be more responsible in choosing ads for this website. These EcoAqualizers are the modern day equivalent of snake oil, but the description of the product looks very convincing to the novice. In fact this product has no impact on water quality whatsoever. We should watch out for our new members and not steer them toward products that would be a waste of time and money.
Neuro

Last edited:
Thanks for the post, but, do you have any hard data to back up your opinion that you could share with us. if so please post links or information. thanks in advance. (I do not have any control over the adds).

The EcoAqualizer consists of a simple plastic pipe with a few magnets placed around the outside of the casing. The manufacturer's claim is that waste molecules are held together by magnetic "polar" forces, and therefore a magnet should be able to pull the atoms of the waste molecules apart, leaving your water quality much improved. There has never been one scientific study that claims that magnetic treatment of waste water is at all effective. Just think, if it were so, then you could treat waste water without any electricity (the EcoAnalyzer uses no power source), saving billions. Speaking as a PhD with a background in biochemistry, I can state that the bonds that hold atoms in nitrates and other organic waste molecules are not weak "magnetic" bonds that can break apart when placed next to magnets, but are much stronger ionic and covalent bonds that are not affected by a weak magnetic field.

But the picture posted on the manufacturer's website of waste molecules being magically torn apart as they pass through this piece of crap device certainly looks cool!

I will gladly pay any libel fees to the first independent scientist who can show a significant improvement in water quality with the EcoAnalyzer.

Of course, there have been many purveyors of snake oil in the past: if you'd like to read more, go to Magnetic schemes and scams

Neuro

Last edited:
hehe, that reminds of the magnets they used to sell for cars. place one on your'e fuel line and it breaks the atoms apart in the gas and results in better fuel mileage. what a joke!

The EcoAqualizer consists of a simple plastic pipe with a few magnets placed around the outside of the casing. The manufacturer's claim is that waste molecules are held together by magnetic "polar" forces, and therefore a magnet should be able to pull the atoms of the waste molecules apart, leaving your water quality much improved. There has never been one scientific study that claims that magnetic treatment of waste water is at all effective. Just think, if it were so, then you could treat waste water without any electricity (the EcoAnalyzer uses no power source), saving billions. Speaking as a PhD with a background in biochemistry, I can state that the bonds that hold atoms in nitrates and other organic waste molecules are not weak "magnetic" bonds that can break apart when placed next to magnets, but are much stronger ionic and covalent bonds that are not affected by a weak magnetic field.

But the picture posted on the manufacturer's website of waste molecules being magically torn apart as they pass through this piece of crap device certainly looks cool!

I will gladly pay any libel fees to the first independent scientist who can show a significant improvement in water quality with the EcoAnalyzer.

Of course, there have been many purveyors of snake oil in the past: if you'd like to read more, go to Magnetic schemes and scams

Neuro

Thanks for your reply. Im currently running a test on that item and will post my results soon. I like you did not bite at it so I thought it would be a good idea to run a test since my system was just starting up I could test it as the system developes. anyways ill post when the test is completed in a few months from now. Thanks for the input and clarifying your credentials of expertise.

Back