Citrinis Goby No More

wontonflip

I failed Kobayashi Maru
Well, the one day I did not go downstairs to check on my tank until night time was the day my goby went missing :( I was sick this past Monday night, so I topped off my tanks earlier than usual, and went to bed early. I did not go in the basement at all yesterday, until evening when I went to feed the fish, and couldn't find him. So I thought maybe he was just hiding in the rocks, but this morning, still nothing. I was getting ready to move him to the 125g, too :( Bummer. My dogs were in the basement yesterday....possible he jumped, and they ate him. Or he just died and my pistol shrimp ate him. I have not knowing what happened. He was getting big, too. But He might have also been sick because I noticed he was lookin' a little less yellow.

:frustrat:

Yeah, I fed them last night when I was looking for him. I only have 1 other fish in there (a firefish), a pistorl shrimp, and some snails (I had relocated the original inhabitants of this tank to the 125, but left some snails). The goby, firefish, and pistol were in a 10g before. I'm still keeping my hopes up. He's never hidden before. He usually tapes himself to the glass, waiting for me to come around.

He may be just feeling puny and is taking it easy somewhere nice and quiet.

I sure hope he turns up happy and healthy for ya.

Do they eat pods? I noticed last night a massive amount of pods now crawling all up and down my 45g. It dawned on me that he was hanging around the glass cuz maybe he was eating them, and now that he's not around, the pods are now more visible. But this would have happened in just a one day span, since my goby was feeding well on monday.

Yes they do eat pods, and if he is really gone, that would make sense because the pods were always there, they just hide more when they sense a predator in the water.

Oddly, I'm very sad about it, but I'm not in full downer mode like I was when my 2spot goby died last year.

Since it's just the firefish now left in the 45, I was thinking of moving into the 125...but I'm worried he might start picking on the other firefish, Stumpy, again like before (which is how he got banished to the 10g). Stumpy's dorsal fin is all nice and long again. I don't want Suspect #1 attacking him again. What are the chances he learned his lesson?

And as for the pistol shrimp...will he have problems with a peppermind shrimp? I might just send the pistol back to the lfs cuz I never see him except at night anyway. And I never hear his clicking noises that he's supposed to make if he's a pistol.

I probably wouldnt trust Suspect #1.Being in a bigger tank,he may never go after stumpy again,but you'd always be worried out it.
That pistol probably wouldnt chase your pepperments.But they got close enough to his borrow,then he might get them.

Back