Clean Up Crew

bangbangkhan

Reefing newb
so i am pretty much sure that my tank has cycled.:^:

now i am looking for a CUC....any suggestions for a 30 gallon tank? probably 25gallon water in it.

my LFS suggested as below, is it overkill?

12 - Blue Legged Hermits
3 - Red Scarlet Hermit
5 - Astrea Snails
5 - Margarita Snails
5 - Cerith Snails

i already got some algae action in the tank....:grumble:

utf-8BcGhvdG8gMy5KUEc.jpg

I dont have that many in my 45. I have 10 hermits, 6 turbos, a huge astria snail and 6 stormaillia (hitchhiker) snails. In the sump I have a turbo and three astria. Thats it and they keep my tank looking good. I keep meaning to get some nass for the sand...but then I forget..

Oh btw Margraita snails dont last long in our tanks...they are really meant for colder water...I have some hermits wearing those shells from that mistake I made...

I think the below list should be sufficient.

5 Blue Legged Hermits
2 Turbo Snails
2 Astrea Snails
2 Nassarius Snails
2 Cerith Snails

Me too Ted...I dropped a shrimp in my tank earlier and I'm hoping this cycle happens... does it matter that the shrimp I bought was in a frozen pack pre ready?? I hope not, I know it wasn't seasoned

It will rot regardless...I sent a email to that company to see what they think. Since I need nass snails and can never find them local I will see what they come up with.

Figured that...yea I'm definitely leaning towards astrea snails too...I'm not too interested in hermit crabs...and u know everyone always suggest different things...sigh... I checked my local fish store today...has a bunch of different snails but there all tiny

Some smaller snails can be a good thing..I have i dunno 6 turbos and they cant reach everything

Figured that...yea I'm definitely leaning towards astrea snails too...I'm not too interested in hermit crabs...and u know everyone always suggest different things...sigh... I checked my local fish store today...has a bunch of different snails but there all tiny

yeah i heard some one say something negative about hermit crabs..cant recall...but the LFS stores are really big on selling them to you....i wonder why?

They will also move around unsecured frags which is a pain in the butt however I like them and think they are cool to watch.

+1 on not getting Margarita Snails. I also bought a few thinking they were Nerite Snails and they died within a month. A responsible LFS will not even stock them.

Back