cleaner shrimp

margaritaville

Reefing newb
Wondering how long before a cleaner shrimp should clean?
My yellow tang keeps presenting himself to the shrimp but the shrimp dosn't want anything to do with him, hes only been in the tank for a day or so.
Thanks
eric

I've read that alot of cleaner shrimps stop cleaning as they just feed off the brine shrimp leftover by the fish and other critters - If its full theres no reason for it to go looking for more I suppose.

Apestylers reply is true.also sometimes it takes more more time for it to happen mine waited almost 3 weeks before it got the action.It may also be happing when you can not see the action like at night since most are more nocturnal.

That is interesting. Our tank is the opposite...the cleaner shrimp want to clean the fish, but the Purple Tang always swims away from them. :sfish:

bennla said:
That is interesting. Our tank is the opposite...the cleaner shrimp want to clean the fish, but the Purple Tang always swims away from them. :sfish:

That happens with my cleaner shrimps (I have 2) - They get lucky with the gramma & regal tang for a second but usually swim away, however my clown will not have anything to do with them

Back