Clown Basically staying in one spot in corner, Nose down.

usaeagle

Reefing newb
I have these clown fish. They are active enough (although they rarely stray from one corner of the tank, While the anemone that they never even seem to notice moves all over the living rock), but today this one [the one on top] has been sitting in that position most of the day. He doesn't seem to be distressed or lethargic, but I wonder. Anyone have any thoughts on this?

URL%5D

URL%5D

I have a sebae clown that has been doing that same thing for the last two days but near the sand it is really weird because he has been eating and swimming but he seems to come back to the corner constantly. That explains it.

+1...it also looks like he is showing submission to the female clown in front of him, which may also be keeping him in "time out" in the corner.

I seen this so many times with clowns.As long as they are eating,you should be okay.Once they get comfortable with their surrounding they move away eventually.

I made a video this morning, I uploaded it to youtube.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHRHznBTxzw[/ame]

They have been here since July. How long will it take to acclimatise?

nice video. What a persistent male. She wants nothing to do with him for now...my clowns are exactly the same way.

She just needs time to get comfortable. She'll leave the corner eventually...

If they're eating, I wouldn't worry. Since I moved my clown from the 45g to the 125g, she's been hosting the powerhead on the corner next to the overflow. It's been a month. At least she's eating and still getting fat and chasing the food that I toss in there. I woudn't worry. Prior to that, in the 45g, she was hosting just the back wall that had some hair algae on it :)

By the way, re: the video, I mihgt just point out that I was holding my camera sideways but I couldn't work out a way to make the video portrait - IE rotate it 45 degrees.

So the female is actually living nose down....:^:

LOL I just noticed that the surface is on the left!! If you hadn't said anything, I wouldn't have noticed.

She's fine, I'm sure. They are the funkiest swimmers. When I used to have freshwater, a fish swimming nose down is a sign of an illness. In clowns, it's normal. hehehe.

Back