clown problem

mikesamc

Reefing newb
I have 2 percula clowns that have been fighting ever since i got them about 2 months ago. They were bought at the sametime so i thought they would be alright. The one is constantly driving the other into the corner even at feeding time. Today i saw the dominant one biting the others tail. (no noticable damage) Is there anything i can do or should i take one back to the store.
The tank is a 22 long. 36x12x12.

Are they both still young,What do you have in the tank.My tomatos took about 6 months to stop the whole whos dominate game.dominate one still has its way.If one starts to show stress I would buy a divider untill the start to get along.One of them is actually cornering the other,do they have any live rock or decorations of some sort to hide?try www.clownfish.ws(this is normal besides the cornering)

Last edited:
Yeah, they are young. They might have grown 1/4'' since i got them, from whatever size they are when they can be sold. Theres lots of hiding places in the live rock but neither goes near the rocks. I have the rock in the center of the tank to get circulation all around. Maybe i should seperate the rock a bit more to make larger hiding spots? The only spot they ''hide'' is behind the one standpipe.
There's a emerald crab, scooter blenny, couple blue crabs, and snails in the tank.

I'll have a look at that site.

thanks

Mike

I would have to agree with amonya here.One is becoming the dominate female.
Try to put the food in two location so they can both eat.like feed them and when the other clown is in the corner add alittle there to.

yup, thats how i feed them. But the one still gets charged at till he's in the corner. He still gets to eat though. But not sure if hes getting enough.

it is kind of up to you. There is a chance you will lose the weaker one. If you want to risk it, go ahead. the system seems a bit small to me for a mated pair. If I were you, I would take the weaker clown back before you lose him, but that is up to you.

-marco

Back