Clown question

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
If you read my other thread you know my wonderful Snowflake is MIA and presumed dead. I was talking to a fellow aquarium guy today. He keeps fresh water tanks but knows a little about salt. Anyway, we started talking about replacements for the Snowflake.

What I have now is:
Damsel (nicest fish I have in my tank!)
Chromis
Flame Angel (Dwarf)
One Spot Foxface
Royal Gramma
Some kind of Blenny (I call it a Dragon, but I have never seen another like it. Kinda looks like a Sailfin but the face is fatter and it has one large fin behind its head)

What I'm wondering is if a Yellow Striped Maroon Clown would be compatible with this group. I did my best to have a peaceful tank since I was new. I'm still young to the reef world, and still learning, and am worried that a Maroon might be too aggressive. WHat ya think?

I think a maroon would be fine in there, but give it time and that damsel will not end up being very nice. Also the maroon should be the last fish you add.

It's a hard call - if you want to add anything else to your tank own the road, then I wouldn't add a maroon clown at this point. The maroon clown would need to one of your last if not your last addition. With your tank size, I think the only think I would consider adding after a maroon clown would be a kole eye tang. Otherwise, the maroon should be your final addition. What about a black and white ocellaris or percula instead?

As the Damsel was the last fish so too would be the Maroon. Only when one goes missing do I "add" fish. So if I go with a Maroon, then replace, say the Chromis, then it would still be bad?

I have a maroon, he is on the larger size in my 75g, I just added a Lemon Peel. It was a little testy at first(no lights, lots of food). After a few tail fights, they settled down and now they swim or at least the lemon swims right beside the maroon with no issues. Actually the Marron has become more noticable in the tank after I added the Lemon. The maroon has actually be seen swiming at the front of the tank since, he has moved from his normal 4-6" space to at least 2" foot section that he will wander in now.

Back