clownfish are hiding in corner

dapple

Salty Dog
I have 1 coral beauty angel. My 2 clowns I got today are staying in upper back corner. I think it may be new environment shock. I hope they come out of it. There is PLENTY of corals for them to host in. When they come out of it, they will be in a clownfish Disneyland. :Cheers:

+1 everyone. My Maroon in the 60 spends most his time by his host rock and the Percula in the 36 stays mostly in the right front corner. Clowns are not normal to say the least.

Here is new scenario. The smaller clown is checking the whole tank out , going everywhere . The bigger clown is now sitting on the sand bed , back right corner and just staying there.

my two clowns are the same the smaller one in my tank is the explorer and the larger doesnt stray far from the location it went when I put it in..

I just got home from work. Both are still on the surface in the corner behind the powerhead. Aggravating it is.

My 2 clownfish are being delivered from LA today so this info is great for me.

So the clownfish thing is they aren't usually out and about swimming all the time? They like to hide alot?

Im concerned that my bratty Damsel will harrass the clowns & put too much stress on them. Maybe I'll move the Damsel to my other small tank where Im curing my rock. He is a devil to catch though. He'll see the net poke at it and dart away.

Every fish is different but my clowns were just timid at first sitting in one spot and they didn't leave that spot for a day or two. After a few days they got comfortable with the tank and now they are out roaming 24/7.

Mine swim around a good bit, BUT they do hide too!! It depends on their mood I guess.. But I have had my clowns for almost a year a wouldn't trade them for anything. I would love to have a tank with nothing but clowns. Too bad I can't!

Yeah I agree with Justin. Clowns have the best personalities in a fish that I have seen. They are chill, nice, and adventurous.

yeah my 2 clowns hang out in the corner too and under my wavemaker and got 2 saddle back clowns 2 days ago and they have took up residence in the same corner too!!

I have a fire clown that only chills in this fake log, that is until i put my hands in the water. Once i do that he is right there to bite me! lol

I have come to the conclusion that these are the dumbest fish I have ever owned. My 75 gal is a well loaded reef. But all they do is swim in circles in the front upper right corner. They even sleep on my magna-float that I put in the corner. Lol. I'm thinking of getting 2 spotted cardinals, 2-3 chromis, but what I really want is a yellow tang and a white tail bristletooth tang. Ate these two compatible if I put them in at the same time. I

Back