clowns and zoas

ace37

Boom goes the Dynamite
Ok so two days ago I added a mated pair of clowns one is a blackice snowflake the other is true perc. Today when I woke up the male (true perc) was at the top of the tank swimming at an angle. Both clowns seem to move their mouths rapidly. They are not from a pet store either they are from an establish 260 gallon tank that some guy had to tear down due to the military. Should I be worried? Also I picked up a rock with zoas on it from the same guy and they have not opened in a day. The amonia level is 0 nitrite is 0 nitrate is maybe 5ppm. Ph is 8.1 and temp is 79. I fed the clowns this morning and they went crazy fro the food as usual. The lighting that I have is a 55 LED fixture.

Look very carefully at the fish for other signs of disease. Like little_fish said it might be nothing but look close. I sometimes use a magnifying glass to look at my fish.

I agree. Probably nothing, but theres a chance.

As for the zoas, leave them alone for a few days. Corals dont always open right away. If ou move tjem in 3-4 days and they still dont open, look closely for nudis.

Back