Clowns fighting

dvong

Reefing newb
I have two clown fishes. At first they got along just fine. Now they are fighting. Actually its more like one is a bully. He is a tiny bit bigger than the other and when its fighting time, the big one chases the small one away. Lately its gotten physical. The smaller one is fighting back.

Is there anything I can do about this other than getting rid of one of them?

I wouldn't get rid of them, just keep an eye on them for now. The bigger one is or will end up being the female of the pair. Right now, the chasing and bickering is just the females way of asserting dominance over the smaller male. Just watch them and make sure it doesn't get too bad, after a few days maybe a week it should settle down.

My clowns also went through this... took about a month or so and now they have settled down. Dont know if they have paired up or not since they really dont hang out toether, but they dont chase each other either.

Yep, clownfish are f'ing retarted. They choose to beat the shit out of each other till the female bigs becomes big fat and dominant... actually, that sounds like a few relationships I know! hahaha.

the fighting will die down eventually :)

Back