Clowns not eating

Kully3xf

Reefer Madness
Hey guys. My two clown fish have pretty much not been eating the food i;m feeding them. I have been feeding them pelets and flake food, and the big one will munch 1 or 2 pellets and let the rest sink and the little guy might eat a flake but nothing more. They are super active in the tank, swimming and hosting their corner and magfloat when it is near. They are eating alot of pods off the window. are they getting their fill off pods? or maybe they are spoiled? Such silly fish

try feeding them frozen foods and watch them race to it lol, mine doesnt even do a second glance towards pellets.

The pods may be filing them up, which us a good thing. But like mentioned, try giving them a few pieces of frozen food like mysis shrimp...they'll go crazy for it.

Remember frozen foods may cause a rise in phos. thaw them out in a cup and discard that water. I think that was part of my problem. But IMO do the frozen.

+1 jc...flakes and pellets are worse in regards to phosphates. I rinse out my frozen in some rodi before putting it in the tank.

no, dont go for the live stuff, for one, brine shrimp unless enrich a few hours before feeding, has almost no nutritional value. Secondly, that will make it even harder to get them to eat frozen foods. They wont starve over night, or even over the course of a week.

Back