clowns

Post the

I don't know if it's a BTA, but it's some sort of anemone. Looks like a BTA. They come in all sorts of colors, not just green.

My setup is running now for almost 2 years, and the in the first year a added a Malu and it died the following day,then i waited 3 monthes and added a red base anemone also died (after 2 days).
I told myself that i will never never ever add onther anemone to my tank..
But last month a small florida caught my eye and a took it home(hoping that this one will survive).GUESE WHAT, it grew like gotzille in my tank.
And just for the fun of ot i added a bta.Both are doing well now.
That's my anemone story.

Yep. Anemones do not do well in new tanks. They can't seem to handle the 'newness' of a tank that's less than a year old, they just end up dying. But when they thrive in a tank, they look really really cool.

Hate to tell you this Lanzo,But that BTA looks bleached to me.
You need to be feeding it at least every other day with something meaty like silversides or pieces of shrimp.

He doesn't seem to feed the BTA,but sleeps in it at night.(i feed him with hake)
Clown only feeds the florida?
What do you meen by bleached?

When a coral or anemone becomes bleached, it loses its color and turns white. This means that the photosynthetic bacteria and algae living inside of its tissue has died, and it can no longer make food for itself from the light. So being bleached is a bad thing. If your anemone or coral is bleached, you will need to hand feed it every day, since it can't feed itself anymore. There is a chance that it can get its color back, but usually they just die of starvation eventually.

you can buy time by moving it into a shaded spot, out of direct light, and then follow Biff's suggestions. It can increase the chance of your BTA of coloring up. They should be flesh to rose color, not white

-Doc

Back