clowns

ace37

Boom goes the Dynamite
I have a female blackice clown which is a variant of the ocellaris clown. I have a male percula. My question is that i was told they are a mated pair and that seems weird to me since they are different species. My question is can they breed and second is would the offspring be sterile or not.

They can breed - mixed clown pairs are quite common these days, and the occelaris and perculas are very similar in species. I believe the offspring will not be sterile (as I think some of the higher end designer clowns have an occelaris x percula parent), but perhaps someone else can chime in. But fry are very hard to raise - time consuming, expensive, and expect a lot of failure along the way. If you're definitely interested in raising the fry, then I'd recommend doing a fair amount of research first! Also, it can take clowns months to years of being in a tank before they start spawning, even if they are already a mated pair. Good luck!

No intention to raise fry just making sure my female isn't bullying my male for no reason lol. They are really close to spawning

Back