Colt coral questions

zippyjr123

Reefing newb
well I saw this coral at the LFS and it was huge . Got it home did what they told me to do and well its floating around my tank, and alot smaller.What should I do? No matter where I place it ,it doesn't want to stay. It has no rock attached to it like all the other corals I have gotten in the past. It's been 2 hours in the tank.
Thank you any help will be great.
Rose

yes that is possible, it has landed on the sand bed next to the front glass, inbetween two rocks, not sure if its going to stay there. It looks fuller now.

So its ok that its not attached to anything? I thought that was kinda strange since anything I've ever gotten was attached to a little rock of some sort. Also should I feed this coral and if so what? trying to find some information on the web about it. Put there is so many places to go that I'm not sure where to start. : 0 (

Colt corals don't need to be fed. They'll get everything they need from your lights. Most coral frags don't start off attached to rock. They are usually attached by the person selling them. For softies like your colt, they will eventually attach themselves to the rock if they are held in place.

how would you rubber band this coral? It feels really soft and I have no clue where to put the rubber band on it. can I end up hurting it?

Back