Colt coral

michelle

Reefing newb
I have had my colt coral for about a month now. At the store it was nice and full, and a tan color. since inhabiting my tank it is more...shrivelled and pink.
I have tried to change the currents and its placement in the tank, but it doesnt seem to overly like any of them.
And just to be TOTALLY honest...I have a friend coming to visit tomorrow...whom I used to live next door to, AND who used to LOVE to brag about and show off her 33 gallon freshwater tank. What can I say? I'd like everything to be perfect.:x:
All of my other coral are fine and my nitirite and ammonia are 0, nitrate is 3. Phosphates are up a bit...they are at 2. (overfeeding while I was away recently)
Any tips would be appreciated

I'm not sure what is going on.If it continues to stay shriveled and get smaller and smaller,it will probably die.I've also seen them shrivel or not look quite as full,then in a week,it looks just fine and fully open.Perhaps it is the nitrate and phosphate,better to have them at zero.They really prefer a gentle.indirect flow.

Actually, i moved it up to about 1/2 way up the tank. It has a much better water flow and has opened better already and it's only been a day:)

Back