congi anemone

sicklids

salt water dummy
if i get one of these will it live in my predator tank? is it a good idea? wanted to add diversity to the tank, just something different to stare at.

i have 50/50's so probably not, but i got a friend that has ran just some florescents for a year and a half with his condi and its fine, im not saying that thats the best thing by no means, but i thought i would at least give it a try. i got another friend that has a 300 gallon reef tank, so if the condi appears to do badly in mine, he said he would be glad to take it off my hands. just wanted something different to stare at for a while.

i think that a condi is a lower light nem but i really am not shure on their light requirements. do you only have one light bulb?

no, theres 2, its a 55 gallon tank for now, i got a 120 gallon in the back room, however i am waiting until i move to set it up, dont want to have to break it down and move it just after having set it up.

alright, i was just wondering. the guy at the LFS has a rose anemone and all hes running is some 50/50's and he has been able to maintain this thing and even got it to split, so now he has 2. i know the rose anemone requires alot of light, but somehow hes done really well with it.

no, just plain ole bulbs you get from walmart, i dont understand it either. the other guy at the LFS has a reef tank and cant keep a rose alive in it and hes got all the good lights, metal halides and such, and Matt, the guy with the fluroscents, keeps all kinds of stuff going. dont know what hes doing, but apparently the SW gods favor this guy.

Last edited:
i see. well i was thinking of starting a "nemo tank" for my 3 year old. i got a 20g long so i would probably need a really good light for that huh. if i was to do that what type of nem should i get for the clowns to host in?

clowns will not always host a nem but carpets are one but they are very hard to take care of even though they say they are one of the easier ones. a buble tip is a good one but even then you never know if a clown will host it. also nems have a record of eating their host fish sometimes.

Back