congi anemone

those look nice!!!! well, looks like i know what to spend money on come tax time!! haha!, my 120 is only 5 foot though, so i could probably use the same lights you think?

i'll be sure to do that, man those are some nice lights. i am hoping to buy a house so i want to recess the tank into a wall. thats why im waiting to set it up.

Another thing to look at,Is the water parameters.In a predator tank,its going to be tough to keep the nitrates down.High nitrates are as bad on nems as not enough light.

also if your going to put the nem in the 20 gallon for your daughter you need to wait atleast 8-12 months after the tank is up and running before you should add it. and a splitting anemone is not always good, sometimes they do that when one part of the nem is about to di and sometimes when the nem splits both new anemones die or one dies

Dustin is right, an anemone splitting is often due to stress. They can breed asexually, so if they are not happy (i.e. insufficient lighting, poor water quality), they'll split since doubling themselves doubles their chance of survival.

Back