Copepods wiped out?

Drvillen

Reefing newb
Over the last 2 days it seems that my copepods have all disappeared. Water parameters are good, I do have a small population of flatworms that are siphoned out regularly. They are not an issue yet. Have a clown and 1.5 inch yellow tang. Zoes and mushrooms and feather duster. Could there be something else that I cannot test for? Water change was done 2 weeks ago, another one later today. Any suggestions or answers would be great.

How are all your water params? Have you tested recently. In a new tank you should test your levels at least 1x per week. Also, they are probably still there. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not around. They come out at night a lot.

How are all your water params? Have you tested recently. In a new tank you should test your levels at least 1x per week. Also, they are probably still there. Just because you don't see them doesn't mean they're not around. They come out at night a lot.

Parameters are fine, PH is around 8.2, alkalinity is 2.5, salt is 1.024.
No reading of Nitrates or Nitrites, no readings of ammonia either, has me stumped I used to see them during the day as well. Only thing I changed was took out the phosphate reducer. That was only 2 days ago.

Pods tend to run in cycles.There will be times where you'll notice a lot of em for a while.Then you'll see a lot less of em.
Not sure why,but its just something I've noticed in my tank.

When you see the copepods wriggling around in the water, they are in their adolescence, then they mature and live in the substrate where you can't see them... During cycling mine appeared a few days after setting up the tank. I haven't seen any more since then and my tank is really flourishing. So don't worry.
Janet

Back