coral banded shrimp?

mwm

Reefing newb
i recently bought a coral banded shrimp and for 2 weeks it has stayed in the back corner of the tank hidden behind some rock.he has not moved.it is alive and seems fine but never leaves his spot.is this a normal characteristic of these shrimp?

They are usually pretty outgoing. Have you tried feeding it? Shrimp will usually be very excited to take food from you.

What are your water parameters at? Shrimp are more sensitive to high nitrates than other inverts.

i recently bought a coral banded shrimp and for 2 weeks it has stayed in the back corner of the tank hidden behind some rock.he has not moved.it is alive and seems fine but never leaves his spot.is this a normal characteristic of these shrimp?

This might be the obvious but are you SURE you're not looking at a molt that's swaying in the breeze?

Had this happen to me ONE day after I put in my Banded Coral shrimp. Thought he was dead. Sure he was dead. The next day he was on the other side of the tank cleaning like a Hoover - molt still in the same place where I thought the "body" was. The molt looks EXACTLY like a live shrimp!

CMOS :mrgreen:

Ive been feeding with frozen brine shrimp and marine flakes.My nitrates are a little high and ive doing water changes to bring them down.what should i feed them?

dont use flakes.they are bad and brine shrimp isnt that great for them.use frozen mysis or another marine frozen food. they will get better nutrients from the marine food.

the coral banded i had woulfd stay in the same spot every day until the lights went out then it was all over the place

Back