coral beauty still wont eat

Marke86

Coral Junkie
I have thrown everything at my CB live frozen and mysis. He hides in the rock really good and only comes out mhen I dont look He picks at the rocks I heard that hes probably geting his food from the live rock.

Can a fish be so picky to were theyll starve themselves or will he eventually eat?
The CB has a black eye on one side and a blue eye on the other side is this normal?

post us a pic of your fish. I have never heard of fish having different colored eyes unless it has cloud-eye or some other bacteria infection, which would account for loss of appetite. CB tend to be greedy eaters. what other tankmates does he have?

-Doc

no qt but he hasnt eaten for at least a week I got an extra 20 gl tank how do I set it up and what meds do I use

You can treat the whole tank with Melafix, it is safe with corals. I have used it for years. Just dose the tank as per the directions and the cloud eye / pop eye is gone in a few days. Post a pic so we can verify that it is cloud eye. It can often go away on its own, but if you are paranoid about it, you can use Melafix.

Just as a side note, my Koran angelfish had a case of cloud eye two or three weeks ago and it went away on its own after 5 days or so. He never stopped eating though. Look at it this way, he will either start eating in a few days...or die. Those are your options. Luckily, it is only a $30 fish.

-Doc

no qt but he hasnt eaten for at least a week I got an extra 20 gl tank how do I set it up and what meds do I use

For a QT you will need a powerhead, a heater, some kind of hiding place for the fish and a small filter. Thats all. You can easily get all that for under $50.

As for medication, use what doc suggested.

I just gave him an R O dip I also bought some more live rock for more aqua scaping and sponges for the CB to eat hopefully he ll pull throw.

any way you can take it back to where you got it and exchange for another one. This time make sure you see the fish eat before you purchase it.

well thanxs for all your help I couldnt save her oh well I think im just gonna stick to the clowns. For the record a coral beauty can go 20 days with out eating.

Back