Coral Beauty

coolhandgoose

Reef enthusiast
So I added a coral beauty and my yellow tang is going ape:pooh: over him and won't leave him alone. I think the tang's taken a chunk out just below it's eye as well.

I've tried lights out, rearranging rocks and a mirror taped to the side, any other suggestions?

Its not unheard of for tangs to be extremely aggressive.
If they've not settled down in a couple of days,you'll have to decide which one you like the most.

Lights are off and everybody has retired to their respective sleeping spots.

The Coral Beauty (here on known as Bella as named by my finace) is exploring the tank a lot more, but always has it's escape route in the back of it's mind since it's still getting harassed.

It looks like he got a pretty good whack just below it's eye and it's tail fin took a little damage. I told my fiance that it'll heal and be good as new so hopefully I'm right.

I'm going to try putting the mirror directly in the tank tomorrow if there's continued agression.

Lights are off and everybody has retired to their respective sleeping spots.

The Coral Beauty (here on known as Bella as named by my finace) is exploring the tank a lot more, but always has it's escape route in the back of it's mind since it's still getting harassed.

It looks like he got a pretty good whack just below it's eye and it's tail fin took a little damage. I told my fiance that it'll heal and be good as new so hopefully I'm right.

I'm going to try putting the mirror directly in the tank tomorrow if there's continued agression.
Thats really unlucky, I have recently added a coral beauty and both the regal and the yellow tangs ignore the beauty, the beauty does not come out to feed with all the other fish though

Quick update : They seem to be getting along a lot better right now. The beauty has learned some escape routes and is more wary of the yellow tang. The beatings have definately diminished :)
I've been feeding tons since they are a little less prone to fighting on a full stomach. The beauty is swimming all over the tank now and grazing and also comes out for feeding time. The only real damage now is that it's tail fin is split in two.

It's funny, as soon I stand in front of the tank with the turkey baster for feeding they all show up to the front of the tank, reminds me of dogs begging for food.

Quick update : They seem to be getting along a lot better right now. The beauty has learned some escape routes and is more wary of the yellow tang. The beatings have definately diminished :)
I've been feeding tons since they are a little less prone to fighting on a full stomach. The beauty is swimming all over the tank now and grazing and also comes out for feeding time. The only real damage now is that it's tail fin is split in two.

It's funny, as soon I stand in front of the tank with the turkey baster for feeding they all show up to the front of the tank, reminds me of dogs begging for food.
My fish do exactly the same, the tangs attack the end of the baster

The beauty is swimming all over the tank now and grazing and also comes out for feeding time. The only real damage now is that it's tail fin is split in two.

I should grow back just fine within a couple of weeks. You might soak the food in garlic and especially vitamins to encourage healthiness.

Glad they are working out for you.

So I added a coral beauty and my yellow tang is going ape:pooh: over him and won't leave him alone. I think the tang's taken a chunk out just below it's eye as well.

I've tried lights out, rearranging rocks and a mirror taped to the side, any other suggestions?
Try renaming him LOL

I can't change it from Bella now, urgh. Why is it that every girl has to name their pets Bella now. Seriously, Twilight wasn't that good. (I know I'll get flamed for that)

Great news. they are gorgeous fish... just wish they were 100%
reef safe :([/QUOTE

My Coral Beauty was swimming about OK this morning but I noticed something strange underneath it seemed white, tonight it was dead on the bottom, took it out and it looked as though something had bit it underneath, odd or what? have only had it for 3 weeks.

Last edited:
definitely sucks... exactly how I feel about my bluespot jawfish.

I loved him...but after 3 suicide attempts... and finally succeeding... I won't replace either.

Sorry for the loss.

Back