Coral growth

Piratefish

SPS Freak
DSC04052.JPG

Check this out. I left this piece of digitata coral that I broke off on a rock and meant to glue it to a plug. Now it has attached itself to the rock its only been there a month.

Is it safe to assume that corals are like leaves of a tree and will always try to turn toward the sun? If so, you may be on to something there, that may be a way to get more branches growing, instead of having 1 end growing, and 1 end stuck to the plug, now you've got multiple ends growing. make sense? or am I crazy?

You are not crazy. If I remember correctly, ccCapt glued a frag laying down like that, and branches started growing upwards out of it.

Is it safe to assume that corals are like leaves of a tree and will always try to turn toward the sun? If so, you may be on to something there, that may be a way to get more branches growing, instead of having 1 end growing, and 1 end stuck to the plug, now you've got multiple ends growing. make sense? or am I crazy?

I looked at it today and there is tiny white knobs starting to grow upward. I have another small piece that I will experiment with:mrgreen:. Keep you posted.

Back