Coral Identification Website

Pwny

Reefing newb
Hey guys I just started a new website for coral identification called www.coraldictionary.com for common names of corals, I eventually want to add basic care tips and descriptions of diffrent corals and such but for now I want to get a good base of diffrent corals for people to look through.

Here is where you come in! I only have so many corals in my tank and I need a lot of pictures. If your interested in sending me pictures of diffrent corals that arnt yet listed or if you think you have a better picture then the one on the website. For doing this I can give you credit under the picture for your help (ether your name here or your real name if you want). You can e-mail pictures to [email protected] include a coral name also if you can.

I'm really going to need anyone that wants to help by sending me coral pictures to get this site up and running. If you hav any suggestions feel free to post them here or e-mail them to me. Hope you enjoy the site.

-Brian

Thanks all, like I said the more pic's the better id love to see this become a big database for people

Brian, what a great idea!
I just posted a link to your site on a fan page about salt water tanks on Facebook. Hope it helps you grow your database of pictures :)

It looks really good. Only thing I noticed was that the links at the top are a little hard to read. For those of us who are visually challenged. LOL

You should set it up like wikipedia...where site visitors can add their corals and descriptions...You could lay it out so that it falls into categories, let everyone else do the rest.....

There are ALOT of corals out there....and some of the weird names we give them stop at state borders...You've got a full time job on your hands.

You should set it up like wikipedia...where site visitors can add their corals and descriptions...You could lay it out so that it falls into categories, let everyone else do the rest.....

There are ALOT of corals out there....and some of the weird names we give them stop at state borders...You've got a full time job on your hands.

+1:lamp5:
Gonna be a pain in the keister sifting through emails, see if you can set up a add coral species button or something! :D

Thanks everyone

-rdahike1105 i changed link color for you, let me know what you think

-PRC I dont mind so much adding everything by hand only takes about 5 mins to add a new page and it helps me keep everying organised and hopefully correct lol

Thanks everyone

-rdahike1105 i changed link color for you, let me know what you think

-PRC I dont mind so much adding everything by hand only takes about 5 mins to add a new page and it helps me keep everying organised and hopefully correct lol

My browser still has it cached so I don't see a change yet. I'll have to clean out the cache first. :)

The site looks great!

Every time I go to a black page with white letters then go to a regular webpage that is white I always feel like I am tripping LOL I see spots and letters out of the corner of my eye!

Maybe I am having flashbacks from college days?

Back